Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Batson Forecast RX6 9ft 7wt 4pc build....

My most recent build was a Batson Forecast RX6 9 foot 7wt. This was the second rod I have built on one of these RX6 blanks, and I have really come to like the quality that you get for the price tag. You can buy a completed custom built rod for half the price of one of the high end blanks alone. Plus they are locally made out in Sequim and come with a limited lifetime warranty (like the other high end blanks). This going to make a great rod for filling the smoker with some of those 6 million Pink Salmon that are expected back, or for chasing summer runs.

I used a stainless Pacifc Bay rod seat to make it more durable if being used in the salt. Blue snake guides, chrome and blue stripping guides, and a couple chrome and blue decorative wraps to finish it off. Overall, I am extremely happy with this build. Now on to the next one. Check out the rod the Etsy page (I know.... manly).  THE SNOHO FLYBOX




No comments:

Post a Comment